VFAT short teaser video
29 November 2015
Slider makes the active team
13 September 2015
Slider joined the VRA back in November 2014 and committed fully to his training over the past 10 months. We are thrilled to be able to offer the inner left position at this stage and look forward to watching his continued progression!
Thrustmaster June 2015 Competition
26 June 2015
Following a random number selection, we would like to congratulate Scott Newnham who has won a Thrustmaster Warthog Flight Stick. Well done Scott, the stick will be winging its way to you as soon as possible.
More competitions coming soon so stay tuned!
Thrustmaster Prize Giveaway
for Western Europe
WIN a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Stick (£130.00 - £229.99)
Please note the HOTAS Warthog Dual Throttle unit is not included but can be purchased separately. If you are looking to invest in one of the best combat flight systems on the market then winning this giveaway will get you half way there! To enter, follow the Facebook and/or Twitter rules.
For Facebook, follow these three simple steps:
1) "Like" the competition post on our Facebook page - click to visit our page;
2) "Share" this post (on your wall or to a friend's wall).
3) You MUST have "Liked" our Facebook page.
All 3 steps must be completed to be entered into the draw.
For Twitter, follow these two simple steps:
1) Follow us at http://twitter.com/vredarrows (@vredarrows)
2) "Tweet" or "Retweet" this message;
WIN a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Stick #avgeek #flightsim #VRA. Details: http://bit.ly/vra-comp
Both steps must be completed to be entered into the draw.
- Facebook 3 steps must be completed or/and;
- Twitter 2 steps must be completed.
- Entrants can enter via Facebook and Twitter giving them twice the chance to win.
- Competition ends at midnight (GMT), 3rd July, 2015 - entrants will be picked at random.
- The winner will be announced on 10th July, 2015 via our Facebook status update and Twitter status.
- Winner must reside in Western Europe and products will only be delivered to a Western Europe Address.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Western Europe is defined as countries herewith; Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City.
- Thrustmaster products will be shipped directly from Guillemot Corporation S.A.
An exciting renewed partnership
12 June 2015
The VRA would like to announce a renewed partnership with our sponsor Thrustmaster.
For nearly 20 years, Thrustmaster has developed solutions to satisfy and entertain every type of gamer by creating products for highly precise gaming experiences such as racing wheels and joysticks along with fun accessories for gaming consoles whilst targeting essential needs such as storage and charging. Thrustmaster has always put an emphasis on developing products to increase the levels of realism and immersion to gaming environments.
The VRA train using the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Flight Systems which enables precision flying and ultimate control. As a team we highly recommend this equipment to any flight simulator fan.
This partnership is great news for us and great news for you as we will be running equipment competitions to give you a chance of winning one of these amazing combat systems - stay tuned! All Thrustmaster flight equipment can be used across many flight simulator platforms including (but not limited to) DCS World, War Thunder, IL2, X-Plane and FSX.
For more information about the HOTAS Warthog visit this link:
Thrustmaster also offer an array of quality flight simulator products below which are fully endorsed by the Virtual Red Arrows:
Full list of products can be found on the Thrustmaster website here:
We look forward to continuing our solid relationship whilst demonstrating the capabilities of Thrustmaster equipment in DCS World this year. The VRA will be flying our advanced show routine LIVE for you throughout 2015/2016 and we will be announcing dates shortly.
The Virtual Red Arrows would like to take this opportunity to thank the support of our incredible fan base. Although we are crazy enough to train up to 6 hours per week, we do this to entertain all of you so thank you for being crazy enough to watch us!
Welcome Frank and Daniel
02 June 2015
Both pilots have been working with us since December 2014 and have shown a huge amount of progress during this time. They are both now flying the full show with formation changes and we hope to see their progress escalate further in the coming months. Well done and thank you for your dedication and hard work.
March 2015 DCS Training
25 March 2015
During the last few months Enid (Reds 1 to 5) have been introducing some of the new applicants to ever more complex routines. During these flights and subsequent debriefs the pilots are evaluated. Work continues on this and pilot selection for the 2015/16 season..
Here are a few Screenshots of Reds6 and 7s Practice..
22 December 2014
We'll be taking a small break over the festivities so we'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a fantastic New Year.
Virtual Red Arrows